Wednesday, September 11, 2013

X-Men: Battle of the Atom #1 Review – “Cyclops where did you go?”

Intro
Ever since I read Bendis’ run of All New X-Men it has been an amazing run. The characterizations have been very dynamic and fun. I even like the interactions they have with the current characters and each other. There’s seems to be a lot of conflicts that really make it go bananas. I always wanted to see the repercussions of bringing the characters to the present and seeing it finally happen has got me excited. And 
trust me this issue is really good!

Story
A new mutant is causing destruction in a nearby city. So, the X-Men are sent to fight her. During the fight the Uncanny X-men and the Sentinels join the battle. Young Cyclops protects Jean Grey causing almost near death and a disappearance of older Cyclops. But it’s prevented by Triage after all the worries and everyone is sent home to discuss about sending the original X-Men home. But after much refusal here comes the future X-Men!

The Good
This event is already off to a good start. The discussions with the original X-Men going home were really amazing with great conflict. I also have liked young Iceman here because he’s becoming a fleshed out character and really funny. It was also just crazy how older Cyclops just disappeared. I wasn’t really expecting that. The action scenes and the art were also really nice. This issue was just another “wow” factor to me which, is really good. 

The Bad
The only problem is that there wasn’t much interaction with the Uncanny X-Men and most especially Angel. I have been aching to see Angel more developed since he appeared in All New X-men which hasn’t happened. It’s like the character is being completely ignored and he shouldn’t be because he just joined the Uncanny X-Men.

Verdict
I think this issue gets a 4.5/9.8 out of 5/10 stars. It was an amazing start to a very interesting event. It’s definitely keeping me to want to read more. It had great interactions and conflict with all the characters. The only problem is not enough Angel development at all. But everything else is good. I recommend you check this event out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...