Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Adventures of Superman #19 Review- “Superman ain’t got time for this!”

Intro
After the last issue I have reviewed of this series, it has been going downhill. But since I have been close enough to be catching up on titles I decided to do reviews again.

Story
After a big fight with Metallo, Superman saves a suicide fan falling from a building. After saving him a few times Superman finds out a Superman saving/suicide cult and they are considering for him to saving all of them?

The Good
I’m really on the fence on this issue because even though it’s an interesting story it doesn’t really play out well. I would have preferred a Metallo story because the action scene was pretty awesome and we haven’t seen him since The New 52 started.

The Bad
I really don’t understand why the Metallo fight was in the story if it wasn’t the main focus. I honestly think it would have dealt better without it to make it more fleshed out. I also think Superman could have put more authority to these dumb people’s heads to not think he will save them all. It’s just stupid how people would take that risk especially with their own children!? Plus, Superman “ain’t got time for that!” (Laughs) He has enough trouble trying to battle super villains and someone who really needs some saving. Also I felt the art could be displacing in the action and faces sometimes. 

Verdict

I think this issue deserves 3/6.5 out of 5/10 stars, mainly because I need to read the next chapter to tell if this will be a good story.  This story just too redundant at this time now because there have already been three suicide stories in just three months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...