Wednesday, September 18, 2013

All New X-Men #16 Review – Jean has absolutely freaked out!”

Intro
Here’s another great issue from the Battle of the Atom event! I really believe this event is going to be the absolute best. But it’s hard to say, because Infinity and Forever Evil has started out strong. So, I suggest you definitely pick up this issue. You will definitely know more about these Future X-Men. So keep tuning in!

Story
After the Future X-Men have arrived, they discuss about where they come from and who they are. Meanwhile during the discussions young Jean Grey is freaking out thus she escapes with Cyclops to somewhere unknown and there are also glimpses of Triage’s new found power. We also get the revealing of the mysterious character, adult/future Jean Grey!

The Good
I really think this was another exciting issue from Bendis’ All New X-Men run. He just continues to shock us on our feet. I loved that he keeps us in this way because it’s a great way to keep us interested. Seeing how young Jean Grey is freaking out to the situation was simply amazing. The humor was also at a good pace and great interactions and emotions going around with all the X-Men. The art was definitely in much great detail as well and adult Jean Grey looked absolutely beautiful.

The Bad
I don’t think they should have teased the dealings of what Triage just discovered about his powers. It felt that it was just a squeezed in without much detail. It definitely wanted me to have more. I think it should have been put in Uncanny X-Men instead of this series. I also felt disappointed we didn’t get to see a future X-Men version of Cyclops or Angel. I really hope there’s an explanation to what has happened to them, especially when I feel Angel has really been underused. I also couldn’t believe Wolverine has forgotten Molly Hayes?!

Verdict
I give this issue a 4.5/9.5 out of 5/10 stars. It’s another exciting issue worth reading with great conflict and interaction. The color and the art are amazing to see here. There’s isn’t much of any negatives here. So I definitely suggest you buy and read this issue. You definitely will feel more and more excitement.     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...