Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Batman ’66 #10 Review – "Robin, to the British Batmobile!"

Intro
Ever since I was a child, my brother and I much enjoyed watching reruns of the 60’s Batman TV series. Now that DC has decided the series in digital comics it has really throw me off the roof! It’s has been very funny and exciting to read and art has been very beautiful to see. I hoping to see more and I enjoyed this issue very much. It’s definitely worth reading.


The Story
Bruce and Dick were on their way to fishing, but they overheard the crime The Mad Hatter has committed in Great Britain. So, they decided to put aside their fun to fight Mad Hatter’s evil doing!

The Good
First thing I got say is that British Batmobile is awesome! I seriously cracked up when I saw this and I believe the entire issue really got me rolling. Even Robin’s catch lines got me laughing. This issue had a lot of good laughs and great dialogue even with The Mad Hatter. I don’t even remember his TV series appearances. But I checked online and he sure was there. So, I definitely got to check them out. They did a very good job on him here.

The Bad
I don’t think there was anything really bad with this issue. It just had a lot weirdness going on, like Batman and Robin being celebrities? I’m not sure, but seeing them with Alfred I think people would have caught on them being Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. I also don’t think Mad Hatter would go around stealing hats. I can see him doing more of a mind control kind of thing.  But I guess it was supposed to be ridiculous and seriously a Scottish relative of Jim Gordon? (Laughs)

Verdict
I really think this issue gets 5/9.8 out of 5/10 stars. It was an amazing fun trip to Britain! I will definitely tune into the next issue for the continuation of Mad Hatter. I am really hoping for a lot more ridiculousness and laughs in the next issue!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...