Tuesday, February 18, 2014

All-New X-Factor #3 Review –“When the Danger Gets Tough.”



Intro

When I read the last X-Factor series (which, I’m still catching up on.) it was a really great series that brought something different to the table. It really felt like a detective series with a mutant twist on it. So when I heard about an “all-new” X-Factor series was coming around, I was really happy about it. Because it was definitely something Marvel was missing when it got cancelled and I was itching to see these characters return with something new. But as I read about the upcoming X-Factor I noticed there was a whole new roster of different characters we seen before in other books. I was really satisfied with the roster because it’s made up with familiar characters I grew to love from previous book and since it’s still having the detective twist the last series had, I want to see what spin they will effect with these characters. As of right now the series is testing out its waters and doesn’t have the full roster. So, if you’re a little patient with getting to know these characters then I suggest you pick this up.

Story

The X-Factor, Several Industries ‘s computer systems have been hacked stealing precious information and it’s up to the team to find out who and why.

The Good

As I said before the series is still testing its waters telling us about what the company is up to, why these characters are here and knowing more about them. It’s a good way of explaining what we will be reading about and knowing how much interest we will have on it. I feel we are still on the character development stage and that’s a good thing we need to have on this series. I really like the ongoing sarcasm with the characters because it brings a very funny humor element to it. There is also a return of a fan favorite character that will join the roster pretty soon.

The Bad

I still have mixed feelings about the art because some of it looks good and some it is bad. It’s very less detailed and streamlined. It’s an art that you and I might have to get use to if you be enjoying the majority or however the artist will last in the reminder of the series. I also felt the conversation of Havok and Quicksilver kind of weird because they acted as if they never knew their previous history of knowing Polaris meanwhile all three of them where in the first X-Factor team for many years. This can be a little nitpicking but I didn’t like that the tech character looked very much like Wolverine.

Verdict

I give this issue a 3.5/7.5 out of 5/10 stars. It’s a really great issue with good character development. Several Industries is turning out be one company you can’t trust and making the members of the team have certain trust issues within each other. It’s engaging drama that we can look forward to in this series. The only disappointment is the art not being constantly good and we may to get used to. But I still suggest you check this series out especially if you’re really interested in knowing more about these characters. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...