Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Infinity #2 Review – “What can Black Blot really be hiding?”

Intro
When I heard that Marvel was getting another event after Age of Ultron, I immediately felt overwhelmed. Mainly, because Age of Ultron was a big disappointed and I kind of wanted a little breather from events for a while. Marvel has been spitting out events like crazy by having three to four every year and I was thinking maybe that’s why they have been so bad. But after reading these two issues all the worries have been put to rest. This event is turning out be really good and one the best Marvel event’s ever. It had very good character details and the art and battles are pretty epic. So, I suggest you tune into this event.

Story
The all-out battle against Thanos’ army has begun on Earth and he has sent his men after the Inhumans. The secrets are revealed about the missing piece for the Infinity Gems and Thanos’ son. Do they fail or achieve in getting things they have wanted?

The Good
Wow it’s another good issue from this great event. We get great dialogue from many obscure characters like Gladiator and other members of the counsel. There isn’t much action in this one. But the explosions from the air battles look truly epic. The art is beautifully detailed especially with the characters’ expressions like Gladiator, Medusa and Black Bolt. There’s even great conflicts that are well put throughout the event.

The Bad
There isn’t anything bad I can say with this issue. I’m guessing this issue should have been a lot longer and have more interactions with the Avengers. But I think we can see that in an Avengers’ issue. I also think the governments from Earth should have some type of involvement if they see their planet being attacked.

Verdict

I give this issue a 4.5/9.5 out of 5/10 stars. It’s a very well put issue. There’s great dialogue with the Inhumans. We definitely get to find out what they have been hiding from Thanos. The art and the explosions are amazing. The only downside is there no government involvement. But I still recommend you buy this issue and reading this intriguing event! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...