Friday, November 8, 2013

Action Comics #25 Review –“Can the Young Superman Stop a Hurricane?”

Story

It’s Zero Year in Superman’s Action Comics! And it starts off Superman trying to stop a hurricane without most of his powers.

The Good

This is the issue I was really anticipating because it was being written by Greg Pak. The wonderful writer whose written all those great Hulk and Hercules books. Anyways as I read this issue, he already does a great job with a young Superman. I really like the cockiness Superman who thinks he’s good at everything when he knows he’s not. I also liked that we really get to see the struggle that Superman gets when dealing with his powers. It really shows how much he’s grown and how young and immature this Superman can be. This is what was definitely missing with Grant Morrison’s story with Superman and it’s the reason I even barely liked it. I kind of hope /wish he continues writing young Superman because he’s really good at this. Even though the art was bad at times there was times it was really good especially at the splash pages with the hurricane.

The Bad

I really didn’t like this interpretation of Lana Lang. She was really indecisive and a jerk, I couldn’t tell if she really liked Clark or she was happy or scared from saving people from the boat. I know she was this way in Smallville TV series which is why didn’t like here there. I only seem to like Lana in Superman the Animated Series. So, maybe that is her character. The art was also very inconsistent, she had totally different looks from the main and short story and some the small panels were really bad too.

Verdict


I give this issue a 4/8 of 5/10 stars. The story was a little okay on the hurricane part. It was just the personality and the struggles that Greg did on Superman I really liked. It’s Superman you have wanted to read for a very long time. The short story is also something to look forward to in the next issue.  So, this is definitely an issue worth picking up and keep tuning in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...