Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Animal Man #29 Review –“It’s Time for a Bed Time Story, Dad.”


Story

The battle of Brother Blood is all over and now it’s time to read a bed time story from Little Wing/Maggie to her Dad, Animal Man.


The Good


There’s not much that goes on, but Maggie tells an emotional wonderful story that sums up all the adventures they had. You can tell how much she misses her brother, the great adventures she had with her family and how much she admires her Dad and herself as heroes. It’s a really good story that shed a tear in me especially since I had a recent death of someone not long ago.  So, maybe you can relate to the story if had a similar experience in life.


The Bad


I’m not much of a big fan of the art. I think it’s kind of terrible with less detail and bad character models. There isn’t great use of colors either. I think the story it could have been much stronger if they use the art that was outside of the bed time story or use another artist to give a better direction. I’m also kind of disappointed Maggie got rid of her powers. I was hoping for some type of future for her joining the Titans or something. I understand why it happened though and I hope she gets it back for a seen able future.


Verdict


I give this issue a 4/9 out of 5/10 stars. It’s a great emotional story that’s worth a read. If the art wasn’t so bad this story would have been perfect. But I recommend you pick this up, even if you want to just jump in. It will definitely get you up to speed of what’s been happening that will lead you to Animal Man’s new adventures in Justice League United which I recommend you catch on to if you want to see this character continue. It’s really sad to see this series go and I really hope it comes back. It was a good series from start to finish. So, I suggest you get the trades. It’s a great series that will make Animal Man as your favorite character and it will make you realize that heroes with families can still make great stories to tell. It was a series I always looked forward to and I can’t wait to see him in Justice League United.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...