Friday, March 7, 2014

Deadpool Gauntlet #6 Review –“The Death of a Honeymoon.”


Intro

Since I jumped on board the new series of Deadpool with Gerry Duggan, it has been one fun roller coaster ride. He really knows how to write over the top Deadpool fun and can balance the seriousness as well. He even does a better job than Daniel Way which, I felt it was a great series too. So, reading Gerry’s series is a real plus for me. He’s written many great stories about Deadpool’s wife and daughter that has me tearing and feeling bad for him and brings us closer to the character. At the moment, he’s fighting Shield to get a body back for Emily Preston which is a character I love and I hope for more on her. She really knows how to be a great friend to Deadpool. So, I suggest you check out that series. But now this is a limited digital series based on maybe a little after the Shield story when Deadpool gets married to Shiklah. He was supposed to bring her back to Dracula. But he’s having a little too much fun with her.  It’s a great series you should check out. It will really make you laugh.

Story

Deadpool and Shiklah are on their way to find Bob and they go through some real trouble as they get there.

The Good

Deadpool and Shiklah are having a really fun time together. We get to learn a little more about her personality and I’m really how much fun and laid back she can be. I can see why Deadpool is starting to like her. We also get to see Deadpool holding back due to recent happening. So, it’s really good to understand these characters’ emotions.
The art team does a really good job again. There’s really good face expressions that makes you see how they are feeling. They really do some great action as well with the digital features and the character models are in good solid detail.

The Bad

There’s absolutely nothing bad I can say about the issue.

Verdict

I give this series a 5/10 out of 5/10 stars. It’s a great issue that really lets you get deep into the emotion of the characters. There’s some really great jokes and action in the fun too. There’s absolutely nothing bad about it either. So, if you’re looking for a fun loving Deadpool book and know something deep about them, then I suggest you pick this issue up.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate TV-Verse Podcast Episode 5 - Firefly Episode 9 (Ariel) & Episode 10 (War Stories)

  Hey everyone welcome to another episode of Ultimate TV-Verse podcast!! I know the news relating to Joss Whedon in this podcast is a bit ou...